Success stories from DTL project partners helping construction SME businesses adopt digital tools
In this podcast, three partners from the CITB-funded Digital Transformation through Leaders project describe how they are helping construction SME businesses successfully adopt digital tools.
Plus, find out how to get started with digital construction using a free CITB-funded eLearning module.
Taking part in the podcast…
- Dr Scott McGibbon, a stonemason, leading consultant and researcher, describes a major renovation project of stone tenement buildings which involved using laser scanning equipment. Scott explains why collaboration between contractors, subject matter and tech experts was key to the project success.
- Alan Penrose, Technical Support and Training at Sunbelt Rentals, explains how he worked with Tough Construction to implement machine control for their ground works activities and how this transformed one of their core activities on site.
- Steve Claybrook from Leica Geosystems tells us an inspirational story about a dozer operator in his 60s, from Knights Construction Group, who quickly got to grips with machine control.
This podcast is around 12 minutes long and you can watch or listen to it here (links open in new windows):
Free eLearning to get you started with digital construction
If you’re interested in the subjects discussed in this podcast, check out the Getting started with digital construction eLearning module. This module:
- Gives an overview of the range of digital tools that can help construction companies solve problems and improve their businesses.
- Covers the benefits digital tools can bring and the broad factors to consider when selecting digital tools.
- Assesses the barriers to, and risks involved with, adopting digital tools, as well as the successes!
Registration is free, so sign up here: