In this podcast…
- Hear how Barhale Construction brought digital tools such as the CAT usage monitoring app and data analytics into the core site activities of their business and why this has contributed to a staggering 35% reduction in utility strikes between 2019 and 2020.
- Find out how the implementation of new ways of working was received by Barhale’s end users and what has become possible in terms of coaching and leadership on site.
- Hear from Pete Ashcroft, recognised as one of the foremost authorities in the UK construction industry on underground service detection equipment and its use and capabilities. Pete tells us why the use of digital tools is having a transformative effect on how we coach, train and assess the competency of Genny and CAT operators.
Taking part in the podcast…
- Andy Dodman, Head of Health & Safety at leading Tier 1 utilities contractor Barhale Construction.
- Pete Ashcroft, Director of Sygma Solutions, a leading provider of service avoidance training.
- Saffron Grant, Director of Digital Construction Skills, asks the questions.
This podcast was originally recorded on 1st March 2021 as part of the Digital Construction Skills ‘Ask the panel’ special on digital tools and underground services. It’s around 20 minutes long and you can watch or listen to it here (links open in new windows):
Full one-hour episode on Digital tools and underground services
You can also access the full one-hour ‘Ask the panel’ event here: