Success stories from pioneers of digital construction, from Causeway Scotland Ireland Business Exchange’s ‘Digitising the construction sector’ series, sponsored by Invest Northern Ireland
Here’s your chance to hear from construction leaders who’ve been through the digital transformation process and can testify to the huge benefits it’s brought to their businesses. In this recorded webinar, you’ll:
- Discover the lessons these leaders have learned
- Find out what’s happened as a result of them embracing digital technology
- Gain insights into the digital transformation process to inspire and help you on your own digital journey
- Find out how you can be part of the the growing Causeway Scotland Ireland Business network.
To quote John Hunt, from Enterprise Ireland and chair of the discussion, “Technology is not going to solve all our problems but there is every chance we will solve our problems with technology.”
- Listen to Mark McKeown, Business Development Manager of FK Lowry, explain why adding digital capabilities to their business has helped them win more work.
- Hear from Patrick Buckley, Managing Director of EPS Water, about their 10-year digital journey, how they’ve transformed their construction manufacturing and business processes, and what this has meant as they continue to grow their business across Ireland and the UK.
- Listen to Sean Dennison, Head of Industry Engagement & Tech Standards at GS1 Ireland, give an overview of the information management process using barcodes, 2D codes, QR codes and RFID codes – and discover what this means for contractors and clients and for the future of construction.
How much time do you have?
You can watch a recording of the whole event in around 68 minutes. Short on time? Jump to the guest speakers you are most interested in using the timings below.
In this video
This is the first event in the series ‘Digitising the construction sector’ from the Causeway Scotland Ireland Business Exchange, presented in collaboration with Digital Construction Skills, IFS Solutions, Smith Mullan Associates, CodeClan and Enterprise Ireland. The series is sponsored by Invest Northern Ireland.
Timings and speakers
00:00 Introductions from:
- Aoife O’Sullivan, Events Manager, Causeway
- Eugene Mullen, Smith Scott Mullen Associates, Belfast International Homecoming Ambassador and founder member of Causeway
- Nick Tuberville, Invest Northern Ireland (the economic development agency for Northern Ireland) and Events Series Sponsor.
9:15 Q&A session presented by John Hunt, Senior Advisor, Construction and Tech, Enterprise Ireland (lead investment agency in the Republic of Ireland), with opening overview contributions from Patrick Buckley, Sean Dennison and Mark McKeown.
24:00 Patrick Buckley, Manging Director of EPS Water, on:
- The key events that helped EPS sustain and add to their digital journey, and
- Why people and culture, strategic partnerships, good projects, clients being open to new ways of working, and developing a continuous learning process have been key for them.
31:00 Mark McKeown on the most tangible benefits FK Lowry can point to on their digital journey so far – transparency, collaboration and improved client confidence by sharing real-time information and building trust.
34:50 Sean Dennison:
- Gives an overview of what a digital transformation journey might look like in construction, based on GS1 Ireland’s experience in more advanced sectors, and
- Describes why standardisation, open systems, interoperability and building digital from the ground up is vital.
43:00 Closing statements from panel guests.
49:00 Feedback from break-out room sessions from participants.
Our thanks go to Causeway Scotland Ireland Business Exchange for their kind permission to share this webinar and, in particular, to Aoife O’Sullivan, Events Manager of Causeway, and John Hunt of Enterprise Ireland who chaired this event so admirably and asked really great questions!
If you’d like to find out more about the Causeway Scotland Ireland Business Exchange, contact Aoife O’Sullivan.
To find out more about the series sponsor and how they support construction businesses, visit the Invest Northern Ireland website.
The final event of the current ‘Digitising the construction sector’ series, on collaborating on digital construction solutions, is on September 16th, from 16.00-17.30.
More free advice
Hear other success stories and get great advice from more leading industry experts to help you on your digital journey in these free eLearning modules for construction SMEs:
- Gives an overview of the range of digital tools that can help construction companies solve problems and improve their businesses.
- Covers the benefits digital tools can bring and the broad factors to consider when selecting digital tools.
- Assesses the barriers to, and risks involved with, adopting digital tools, as well as the successes!
- Covers the implementation of digital solutions at an organisational and strategic level.
- Introduces you in more detail to tools and concepts such Building Information Modelling (BIM), interoperability and the Common Data Environment (CDE)
- Discusses the role of standards in digital technology.