As part of the CITB-funded Digital Transformation through Leaders (DTL) project, many of our training courses, consultancy packages and online resources will be available at no cost or a nominal charge to you.
The DTL project equips construction industry decision-makers with the knowledge and understanding they need to incorporate digital technologies into their business strategies, improving productivity, efficiency, safety, competitiveness, reputation, environmental impact, capacity for growth and the ability to attract and retain a talented workforce.
The following products and services are available completely free of charge to eligible construction companies:
- Training course (1 day) — Getting started with digital construction
- Training course (1 day) — Taking digital construction to the next level
- Training course (1 day) — Legal and contractual aspects of dealing with digital data
- Training course (1 day) — Digital construction and HR
- Training course (1 day) — Driving digital behavioural change in construction
- Training course (2 days) — Become a Digital Construction Champion
- Digital strategy day (1 day) — In-house structured workshop to develop a digital strategy aligned with your business goals
- Introductory seminars (2 hours) — Providing an overview of the range of digital construction tools available
- Round table discussions bringing together high-level leaders of digitally-advanced and digitally-ready construction companies
- Technology demonstration days.
Available in England and Wales
- Train the Trainer (3 days) – Learn to deliver the training courses ‘Getting started with Digital Construction’ and ‘Taking Digital Construction to the next level’
Available online, wherever you are
- eLearning modules
- Themed webinars
- The Digital Maturity Diagnostic Tool, to help you assess where your company is on the digitalisation spectrum — and whether you have the support you need for your next steps
- The Digital Tool Decision Matrix, to help you decide on the best digital tools for your company.
Training courses and seminars (Scotland) — Construction professionals at project manager level or above; managers; heads of functions such as HR or tendering; those who have been appointed by their company to attend the training and report the learning back to senior managers.
Train the trainer courses (England and Wales) — Individuals with a technical background and experience of managing a construction site. No previous training experience needed. Participants must commit to training at least 10 leaders over the 10 months following their training.
Train to be a Digital Champion (Scotland) — Employees of construction companies at any level who have been empowered by their employer to become a Digital Champion with the intention of disseminating their knowledge and learning within their organisation and offering support and advice to their colleagues.
Technology demonstration days (Scotland) — Any construction professional in Scotland.
In-house Digital Strategy Day (Scotland) — Construction companies operating in Scotland.
Online tools, including eLearning modules — No restrictions; all online resources will be open source and freely available.