This course covers the process of selecting and implementing digital solutions, aligning potential solutions with business goals, using digital tools to solve specific problems, assessing costs versus ROI, and understanding the competencies required. The content builds on the course ‘Getting started with digital construction.’
This course is aimed at construction professionals who would like to learn how digital technologies can benefit their business and to explore the factors they should take into account when considering possible digital solutions. It will help delegates to implement new digital technologies whilst ensuring the greatest chance of successful implementation and avoiding common pitfalls.
▪ Managers and decision makers
▪ Project managers
▪ Quantity surveyors, commercial functions, procurement staff and estimators
▪ Team leaders
▪ SHEQ/head office support staff
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe what’s meant by the terms digitisation, digitalisation, digital transformation, interoperability and Application Programming Interface (API) in relation to digital solutions.
- Describe the relationship between the whole project and asset lifecycle, Building Information Modelling (BIM), the Common Data Environment (CDE), digital solutions and digitalisation, and summarise the benefits of BIM.
- Identify the key legal factors within an organisation that need to be considered when selecting digital solutions.
- Explain the factors which need to be considered when making a business case for a digital solution.
- List the key factors to consider when implementing a digital strategy.
- Identify behaviours and attitudes within an organisation that can affect the successful implementation of a digital solution.
- List the sources of funding and tax relief available to assist with digital adoption.
- Prioritise possible digital solutions and relate them to their business goals.
- Describe the elements of a strong business case for implementing a specific digital solution.
- List the steps they need to take in order to put the right digital competencies in place within their company.
- Describe how organisational structure can inhibit or support digitalisation, cultural
and behavioural change.
Dates, prices & booking
- Online (Wed 16 June 2021) · Fully funded to CITB registered employers/employees
- Online (Tue 13 July 2021) · Fully funded to CITB registered employers/employees
- Online (Wed 8 September 2021) · Fully funded to CITB registered employers/employees