This one day course equips delegates with information about the wide range of digital tools available, their benefits and the potential risks and pitfalls. They will learn tools and techniques to enable them to disseminate the information within their company, facilitate exploratory conversations and support their colleagues to compile a business case for a particular digital solution or digital transformation programme. You can attend this course if you have completed “Getting Started with Digital Construction” and “Taking Digital Construction to the next level.”
This course is for engineers, managers at any level who have the drive and ability to learn about the range of digital tools available and to promote and disseminate the learning within their company.
Quantity Surveyors/Commercial Functions/ Procurement/Estimating
HR & Office Management
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- List the broad categories of digital tools available
- Describe the possible benefits of implementing digital solutions
- List the factors that need to be taken into account when selecting a new digital solution
- Explain how to identify areas of strengths and weakness within a business in terms of readiness for implementing digital construction
- Explain how to identify specific problems within their business which could be solved with digital solutions
- Teach others about influencing factors such as existing competencies of the workforce, intellectual investment, exiting culture, interface with other digital tools and legal and contractual considerations
- Describe the elements of a strong business case for implementing a new digital solution
- List possible sources of funding and tax-relief available to assist with implementing digitalisation in their company.