In this podcast, we discuss survey mapping and modelling software, also known as Digital Terrain Modelling or DTM software.
- Why, where and when we use this software on projects
- The key benefits to using this type of software for both the business and site engineering teams
- Its relationship to Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Why DTM software should not be confused with CAD
- Why CAD is not the universal panacea for solving construction problems
- Where you’ll get the best training and support
- Why the leading contractors and clients invest in this software and who’s involved in the decision-making process
- What the barriers are to a more widespread adoption of these software solutions within the wider construction industry
- The first thing you should do if you wish to invest in surveying mapping and modelling software!